GeneratorGrid.com is an independent review business. I am not affiliated with any manufacturers and do not accept paid reviews. When you buy through my links, I may earn a commission which helps me purchase more generators for testing. - Scott Krager
Last Updated on July 27, 2021 by Scott
Nowadays, we all rely on tech gadgets to power our lives. The dependence on tech is why you must always be ready for an outage with a power bank.
EcoFlow began on Kickstarter and Facebook intending to develop new power banks and technology that could run without fuel and required less upkeep. This Kickstarter led to the development of the solar-powered EcoFlow power station and the impressive EcoFlow Delta 1300.
The EcoFlow River 600 Series. The new River series consists of the Ecoflow Delta River 600, the River 600 Max, and the River 600 Pro (not released as of November 3rd 2020), all of which use solar power to charge their power banks. Each portable power station can efficiently replace the generators of the past. These gadgets are lightweight, efficient, and easy-to-use.
So, which power station is the best for you?
This review covers everything you need to know to find the right portable power station for you. There’s a lot to review, so let’s explore your options.
Table of Contents
- The EcoFlow River 600
- How to Charge The River 600
- How many amp hours (Ah) is the River 600?
- The Jackery 300 vs River 600
- The EcoFlow River 600 Max
- The EcoFlow River 600 Pro (now available!)
- River 600 Series FAQ
- What Features Do All River 600 Products Share?
- What Are the Differences between the River 600 vs. River 600 Max and River 600 Pro
- River 600 Series Brochure PDF
- River 600 User Manual PDF
- How to setup the EcoFlow River 600 iOS & Android App
- How to change the River 600 Extra Battery on a River 600 Max
- Which Model Is Best for Me?
- Ecoflow River 600 Max Coupon Promo Code
The EcoFlow River 600
The EcoFlow River 600 provides a modern solution for power. Solar panel generators aren’t brand new to the scene, so it might seem like this device isn’t revolutionary. However, most older solar options take significantly longer to recharge. The Delta River 600 faces no such problem.
Besides the fast charging capabilities, the EcoFlow River 600 boasts an eco-friendly design. Unlike the gas generator of the past, there are no toxic fumes with the solar River 600. The solar panel ensures clean energy. Another strength? These power banks are silent.
This EcoFlow generator minimizes air pollution and noise pollution. If you’re exploring the states and camping, you’ll appreciate the absence of excessive humming or buzzing. You can also select your preferred noise level from the EcoFlow app.
The upkeep of a solar charger is also far less hassle than a gas generator as it requires no fuel. The River 600 generator doesn’t even require replacement parts, and its lightweight feel makes it perfect for outdoor excursions.
- Charging Time: One hour for 80%, 1.6 hours for full; plugs into a wall outlet or solar panels.
- Battery: 288Wh capacity
- Inverter: 600W continuous, 1200W surge
- Fast charging
- Energy for up to 29 hours, depending on the gadget/appliance
- Lightweight and easy to transport modular style
- Eco-friendly solar panels
- Lets you stay in contact and powered at home and on the road
- The River 600 is the most basic in the new EcoFlow range.
- International users reported some issues with shipping.
How to Charge The River 600
There are 3 ways to charge the River 600:
- AC Power (250W input)
- Solar Power (200 watts)
- 12v/24v Cigarette Adapter
Here’s a quick video I made showing each way to recharge or charge your River 600:
How many amp hours (Ah) is the River 600?
The River 600 is a 20 (Ah) battery pack, at 14.4 volts. 10 amp hours (Ah) at 28.8 volts. The EcoFlow River 600 doesn’t list the amp hour (Ah) rating. So, I take the Watt hours and with some battery math magic, calculate the Ah of the EcoFlow River 600 (+ Max) and compare it to the Jackery 300 in this video:
The Jackery 300 vs River 600
I made a short comparison video between the Jackery 300, and the River 600. I love both of these li-ion generators, but if I had to pick one, well, just watch the video to see who I pick!
What I like about the Jackery 300:
- The ergonomics, fits in my backpack, thin
- The quiet charging
- The sub $300 price.
What I dislike about the Jackery 300:
- The slower charge time
- The external AC charger
- Can’t run higher wattage appliances
What I like about the River 600:
- Charging SPEED!!!
- Run anything (Hairdryer / Tea Kettle / Heater)
- No external AC adapter
What I dislike about the River 600:
- Its THICK, not super aesthetically pleasing
- Loud when charging and in general
- More expensive, $50 more than Jackery 300
- SPEED UP YOUR RECHARGEABILITY: It takes only 2 hours to recharge 80% battery of the power station through the wall outlet and 60W PD USB-C port simultaneously. You can also recharge your power station with an AC adapator when at home, through the car outlet during a road trip or simply use a Jackery SolarSaga 100.
The base-level River 600 generator from EcoFlow is an efficient piece of kit, charging anything you need. It has a discreet design, requires no upkeep, and is noiseless and lightweight. If you want to replace your clunky gas generator, this could be the one.
The EcoFlow River 600 Max
If you need something for your gadgets with a little extra power, the EcoFlow River 600 Max could be the one you like. It features everything from the original River 600 product, plus some expansion. It boasts the same portable, modular appearance, and solar-powered functionality.
The River 600 Max is just like the original River 600 product in terms of charging, and it’s easy to see the similarities. Granted, this kit is slightly bulkier. But you can still easily transport it between states or use it while camping without issue.
At 576Wh, this solar power station boasts double the charging power of the original River 600 product. For perspective, it could continue to charge 10W gadgets for 57 hours and a 150W refrigerator for four.
- Charging Time: Two hours to full charge, using a wall outlet or the solar panels
- Battery: 576Wh capacity
- Inverter: 600W continuous, 1200 surge
- Just like the River 600 but with double the capacity
- Extensive cycle life of over 3500+ charges
- Same charge rate as the base 600
- Eco-friendly solar power design
- Suitable for home use and outdoors
- Keeps your appliances running for longer
- Bulkier than the original
If the original EcoFlow product caught your eye, but you want a little extra boost, the River 600 Max is the one. It doubles up in almost all features, including battery capacity and device longevity, which keeps you in contact for longer. It’s the best tech for keeping your gadgets alive both at home and away.
The EcoFlow River 600 Pro (now available!)
Update Feb 2021: The River 600 Pro is now for sale! Grab it here: River 600 Pro on Amazon
The Pro power stations are the most powerful of the EcoFlow range. It is ideal is for those in regions prone to power outages or on the road in remote areas. If you’re away from home for long, this is the EcoFlow product you need.
With 768Wh, the Pro charger generates up to 77 hours of 10W light or an extra five hours for your 150W refrigerator. The Pro power station can even power your laptop or phone, so you can play and stay in contact for longer when away from home.
Beyond incredible stats, the Pro also benefits from the EF-1500 LFP External Battery. This battery boosts the capabilities of the River 600 significantly, up to 1440Wh. It can make your light last for over nine days and keep your fridge running for over fifteen hours. As far as portable power stations go, there’s no other tech like it.
If you need any further power, you can even link up two River 600 Pros together via the X Link cable provided. Your X Link creates a chain between your products, adding anywhere between 1100 and 1500Wh to your power stations.
- Charging Time: Two hours to full charge, plugged in via a wall outlet or the solar panels
- Battery: 768Wh capacity
- Wattage: 1200W surge, 600W continuous
- Extraordinary solar power capacity
- Extensive cycle life of over 3500+ charges
- Runs far longer than previous models and significantly longer than any solar generator competitors
- X Link cables multiply your power if you possess more than one Pro.
- The extra External Battery provides an enormous boost to the already significant power available
- Dependable for emergency home power outages and long-distance travel/camping
- Unnecessary for those only needing a brief power boost
If you need to bring out the big guns, nothing on the market is more powerful or efficient than the River 600 Pro. It provides a mammoth amount of output energy to your home (or beyond!). As far as power stations go, the Pro is one of the best products available.
- ⚡[RECHARGE FROM 0-80% WITHIN 1 HOUR]: The patented EcoFlow X-Stream technology enables you to charge the RIVER Pro from 0%-80% within one hour and offers a full charge in just 1.6 hours.
River 600 Series FAQ
How Fast Does the River 600 Series Charge?
The entire River 600 series enables extremely fast charging times, thanks to the solar panel technology. These solar gadgets reach a full charge in under two hours, which is five times the speed of the other options on the market.
How Long Will the River 600 Series Boost My Power?
Each model offers a different output. How long this power lasts will depend on the wattage of the gadgets. The Delta kit can power 10W gadgets for up to 29 hours. The mid-level option offers 57 hours, and the heavy-duty River 600 Pro provides up to 77 additional hours of power to the same 10W gadgets.
Are the River 600 Solar Generators Eco-Friendly?
Absolutely. These stations are cleaner than the gas generators of the past. All three products in the River 600 Series emit no fumes. The Max and Pro options also last over 3500 cycles, meaning you won’t need to replace either for a while.
No matter which River 600 you purchase, you can guarantee you’ll get the following:
- 100W USB-C Port: The input lets you quickly charge any 100W device, such as your laptop. Attach your devices to the USB-C port, and you’re good to go.
- 12V DC5521 Port: This port lets you recharge larger 12V devices, such as projectors, mini PCs, or 12V lights.
- X Stream Charging Cable: You can get your tech to 80% power in just one hour with the X Stream charger
- The EcoFlow App: One of the outstanding features of the EcoFlow products is smart capabilities. With this app, you can control your portable power station via your smartphone. You can easily adjust features like noise level and power output.
- Patented X Boost technology: This feature is a built-in algorithm that adjusts output and voltage in response to heavier-duty devices below 1200w. It provides a new way to run your generator with the best efficiency possible.
- Off-Grid Capabilities: All the items in this series can hook up with any Deep Cycle battery, RV battery, LFP battery, and Marine battery. By hooking up the station to these batteries, you can customize your power system and live off the grid in your RV, yacht, or anywhere else.
What Are the Differences between the River 600 vs. River 600 Max and River 600 Pro
- Power output: Varies significantly, with the baseline River possessing a 288Wh capacity, the mid-level 576Wh, and the Pro having a 768Wh capacity. The output is perhaps the most significant factor to consider as you want to think about the kinds of devices or appliances you need to power.
- Longevity: The Pro product features over 3500 charges, whereas the baseline 600 features over 500
- Size and Weight: The 600 is the smallest of the three. While the others aren’t bulky, if you’re looking for a camping generator, the Delta is your best bet. It is the easiest to transport, especially if you intend to go on long treks, hauling all your equipment.
- Generator Linking: The baseline and mid-level gadgets are standalone models, meaning that the energy they provide is what you get. The Pro is outstanding because of the XLink cables, which let you connect multiple stations and significantly bolster the energy output.
River 600 Series Brochure PDF
River 600 User Manual PDF
How to setup the EcoFlow River 600 iOS & Android App
Watch as I set up my new River 600 (+Max) and connect to the Ecoflow mobile app. You can control many of the River 600 settings wirelessly from the app.
How to change the River 600 Extra Battery on a River 600 Max
Watch how to quickly attach or detach the new River 600 Extra Battery. A River 600 turns into a River 600 Max, doubling the capacity to 576Wh when you attach this nifty extra battery. I show you how to swap the extra battery in and out in 60 seconds:
Which Model Is Best for Me?
Kickstarter and Facebook enabled EcoFlow to create smart innovations. It’s easy to see why these solar generators are some of the most popular options. We don’t think that any of the River 600 models are better than the others; it all comes down to how much power you need.
For more reviews and information on generators, feel free to contact us!
Ecoflow River 600 Max Coupon Promo Code
Ecoflow often offers coupons directly on their Amazon page. Look for the “Apply Coupon” box right below the price:
Scott Krager purchased generatorgrid.com in the summer of 2020 and quickly began to buy every generator under the sun! He currently has over a dozen generators and the number is growing quickly. He lives in Portland, OR near his family and friends.
Last update on 2022-06-23 Affiliate links & images from Amazon Product Advertising API