GeneratorGrid.com is an independent review business. I am not affiliated with any manufacturers and do not accept paid reviews. When you buy through my links, I may earn a commission which helps me purchase more generators for testing. - Scott Krager
Last Updated on October 18, 2022 by Manager Access
If you are looking for a super quiet, fuel-efficient, and long-running power generator that is perfect for home back up power, RVs, outdoor events and more then the Honda EU7000is is a great option. This generator can also operate a number of appliances at home and power equipment when you go camping. So if you’re in the market for portable and versatile inverter generators, the Honda EU7000is is the one for you.
Table of Contents
- Features and Functions
- How many hours will a Honda EU7000is last?
- How much does the Honda EU7000is weigh?
- What can it power?
- What can’t it power?
- Warranty and extras
- More information and specifications
- Customer ratings and reviews
- Pros & cons
- What is the quietest 7000-watt generator?
- Verdict: Should you buy the Honda EU7000is?
- Honda EU7000is
Let’s look at what makes this generator stand out from the rest, and one of the most popular choices in the market today.
Features and Functions
Honda’s reputation for manufacturing high-quality material and technology precedes them, and their generator is no exception. Designed to keep your home running smoothly while providing backup wherever you are, this is the inverter generator built for almost every need. Honda s inverter technology was first introduced in 1999. It was built to create clean electrical output while protecting sensitive gadgets from fluctuating power output that could damage appliances like computers.
Let’s look at what key features and functions make this generator special:
- Run time: This Honda generator can run from 6-18 hours, and depends on the load size for power during a power outage.
- Outlets: The Honda EU7000is features GFCI outlets and AC outlets. Two are Receptacles 20A 125V GFCI Duplex, one AC output 120 / 240v 7000w
- Engine: A Honda gx390 EFI displacement 389cc AC output 120 designed for durability and high performance and fuel-efficient runs
- Load dimensions L x W x H : 33″x27.6″x 28.4″ with handles folded, and otherwise 47.2″x27.6″x28.4″
- Oil alert: Electronic circuit breakers will turn the machine off when overloaded. This is useful for tracking fuel efficiency and maintenance of your machine.
- i-Monitor: Provides information on hours of operation, tracks RPM, battery volts, wattage, engine speed and diagnostics for suitable servicing with the dealer.
- Fuel gauge: This protects the Honda generator from being overloaded.
- CO-Minder: This is an advanced carbon monoxide detection system that automatically shuts down the generator when dangerously high CO levels are detected nearby.
- Portability: With easy folding handles, the Honda EU7000is is convenient for transporting and is compact enough to be stored away when not required.
- 120/240V Selector switch: For more usable power and flexibility, the user is able to use either 120 and 240 Volts, or just 120 Volts. This ensures that the total output is available through any of the 120 volt outlets. You will then be able to power units with larger watt requirements.
How many hours will a Honda EU7000is last?
With a full tank and fuel consumption of approximately 0.28 GPH, the Honda EU7000is can operate for 18 hours continuously thanks to its 5.1-gallon fuel capacity at full tank, and in-built fuel gauge. This generator’s exclusive Eco-Throttle System offers exceptional fuel efficiency, making it ideal for overnight power and emergency backup. With an above-average run time, the EU7000is is a generator you can depend on and won’t disappoint you.
How much does the Honda EU7000is weigh?
The Honda 7000-watt generator weighs about 261-263 pounds and can be moved around on the ground using its wheel kit and folding handle.
What can it power?
This Honda generator can power almost every appliance in the house and outside. If you need reliable power for computers and other sensitive equipment, Honda has just the thing. This generator can be used in your house and office. From fridges and freezers to fans and air-conditioners, don’t worry about running out of power with this equipment.
Add power by connecting two EU7000iS with an optional parallel kit. The gal of fuel thanks you later, and you will appreciate it.
Some common appliances that can be powered include:
- Refrigerators and freezers
- Microwave ovens
- Portable fans
- Blenders, food processors and juicers
- Incandescent lights
- TVs, sound systems, DVD players and speakers
- Computers and laptops
- Gas or fuel-powered furnace fans
- Hair dryers and hair straighteners
- Shavers and epilators
- Coffee maker
- Lamps and fairy lights
Many popular inverter generators only produce 4000w and below, which is another reason this 7000w machine stands out. It is capable to keep even the busiest of job sites, households and offices powered to run smoothly while several appliances are being used simultaneously. This includes sensitive electrical equipment.
Some power benefits of the EU7000is are:
- Low Harmonic Distortion (HD): The generator produces sine waves that gauge the total HD to give your most sensitive of appliances a safe and seamless power supply even when used at full capacity.
- Eco-Throttle Switch: This is an automated economy mode built to reduce the revolutions per minute (RPM) when the demand for power is under 25% or when there are no connections.
- Parallel operation outlets: Provides you with the options to connect with a parallel EU7000is kit when the need for power surpasses 7000w. Double the power output to 14000w, while enjoying 11000 watts of continuous power supply by using two of these generators in tandem.
What can’t it power?
This is one of the most powerful inverter generators available in the market today, and there is nothing in our home and outside that it won’t be able to accommodate. This is a specialty from Honda that is trusted the world over.
Warranty and extras
Wondering how many years of commercial warranty? 3! That’s right, the Honda EU7000is inverter generator comes with a 3-year residential warranty & 3-year commercial warranty so you get peace of mind knowing your generator care is covered from top to bottom.
More information and specifications
- Specifications: Engine Honda GX390 EFI, Displacement 389cc
- Fuel tank: Fuel consumption of 0.28GH (1 gal run-time per hour) is estimated at 25% load
- Parallel kit: Can be added for more accessories and functions
- AC Output: 120/240V 7000W max. (58.3/29.1A) 5500W rated (45.8/22. 9A)
- Receptacles: 20A 125V GFCI Duplex (2), 30A 125V Locking Plug, 30A 125/250V Locking Plug
- DC Output: N/A
- Starting System: Recoil, electric
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 5 .1 gal of fuel
- Run Time per Tankful: 6 .5 hrs.@ rated load, 18.0 hrs. @ 1/4 load
- Dimensions (L x W x H): 33.4″ x 27.6″ x 28.4″
- Noise Level: 60 dB(A) @ rated load, 52 dB(A) @ 1/4 load
- Dry Weight: 261 lbs
Customer ratings and reviews
Because the Honda 7000 watt EU7000is generator comes from such a reputable manufacturer, it is known to be one of the best in the market and a popular choice among customers across the world. Best Generator gives it 4.6 out of 5 stars while Prime Reviews calls it the ‘most powerful inverter generator’ in the market.
Customer reviews and feedback seem consistent across multiple platforms, and for a variety of uses. Amazon has published more than 100 reviews from its verified customers, giving it an average of 4.7 out of 5 stars and more than 85% of the total reviews have chosen a 5-star rating for this inverter generator. Popular points mentioned in many reviews include:
- Electronic fuel injection: Customers praise the EFI displacement 389cc AC engine and power for efficiency and its electric fuel tank capacity.
- Noise: With a noise level of 58 DB, the generator is a hit among customers who prefer super quiet settings that don’t disturb.
- Button electric start: Easy recoil starting the machine is a top feature among customers who like power from a convenient push-button electric start that generator has.
Customers praise it so much that it has become a part of the normal conversation while camping and during family gatherings. With overwhelmingly positive reviews, this generator is a great choice for all.
Pros & cons
As with most power equipment and generators, the Honda EU7000is has its own benefits and drawbacks that we will take a look at now to help you make a well-informed decision.
- Power: Honda s 7000-watt inverter technology is so precise and impressive that it provides you with power that is fully reliable. Many of you might not even tell the difference between the generator and your home outlet.
- Size: The Honda EU7000is is built to be super portable and efficient despite its exceptional power. The easy-to-use wheel kit makes it easy and convenient to move around.
- Noise level: Considerably quieter than most traditional generator models.
- Comprehensive user interface: It is efficient and easy to use for anyone, even those who are not fully comfortable operating machinery and equipment. Its comprehensive user interface makes for safe and comfortable usage. The generator’s control units are placed on one side so you can utilize the output indicators, fuel gauge, LED warning lights, and alarms from one end when required.
- Highly rated: The Honda EU7000is is a very popular choice, and customers consistently praise it.
- Warranty: Enjoy 3 years commercial warranty, 3 years residential warranty for complete satisfaction on your purchase.
- Long run-time: 18 hours is a very impressive run time for an inverter generator of such capacity and power – this unit will be great for longer camping trips or road trips.
- Honda My Generator app: With Bluetooth capability, wireless start-stop option, service reminders, and operation monitoring, Honda’s exclusive smartphone app makes remote operation and monitoring extra smooth. This app is available for all Android devices, and is being developed for Apple, making it easy to get information about, and control, your generator wherever you are.
- Ease of use with an electric start: Power equipment with an electric start can be used by anyone easily and quickly. The good thing about this starting system, recoil electric start, is that it is made for the new generation and does not require a traditional pull-start effort.
- LED display: This allows you to monitor the power performance just by looking at the display light. There is also an oil sensor that switches off the engine when oil levels are too low. Rest easy with the reduced risk of possible damage to the unit and to its surroundings.
- Price: If you are tight on budget, this generator might not be for you right now. However, it still makes for a good investment in the long term.
- Weight: Some might find the 7000-watt generator too heavy to lift, but its wheel kit and convenient handles make it easy to move.
- Color options: The generator is available in just one color combination.
As with most of the customer reviews, the pros outweigh the cons massively, making the machine a popular choice and a great investment for anyone looking for the power they can rely on.
What is the quietest 7000-watt generator?
One of the most attractive things about this generator is its ability to minimize the noise it makes, even when running at full power and capacity. A heavy-duty machine that you can count on, while maintaining the silent atmosphere of its surroundings is ideal for large groups and small families alike. This makes it practical for use when you’re camping outdoors or in an RV and looking forward to a peaceful and quiet time in nature.
Verdict: Should you buy the Honda EU7000is?
When it comes to value for money, the Honda EU7000is is a great option. You get what you pay for, and even more. The generator is portable and versatile, can be used at home, while camping, and on your RV trips. Made for heavy-duty usage, the machine can withstand almost any environment, condition, and temperature with its metal insulation and frame. It is also praised for the long life of its engine.
Overall we’ve seen that customers have been very pleased with the item after using it, and for those who are unsatisfied, the warranty options cover what you need from it. One of its selling points and features that most users love is its fuel efficiency and limited maintenance needs. Honda brings you advanced inverter technology, reliable power source, and more in a generator that is built to last.
Scott Krager purchased generatorgrid.com in the summer of 2020 and quickly began to buy every generator under the sun! He currently has over a dozen generators and the number is growing quickly. He lives in Portland, OR near his family and friends.