GeneratorGrid.com is an independent review business. I am not affiliated with any manufacturers and do not accept paid reviews. When you buy through my links, I may earn a commission which helps me purchase more generators for testing. - Scott Krager
Last Updated on February 7, 2021 by Matt
The Champion 3500 portable generator with wireless remote start is a powerful generator.
How do we know it’s good? When you think about what you need for a power source, the chances are that Champion’s 3500-watt portable generator has it.
With a long list of features and excellent reviews, it’s clear why Champion’s 3500-watt is so popular. Designed with simplicity and convenience in mind, this generator is packed with built-in features, essential tools included, and Champion’s free lifetime support.
Check out all its features, customer reviews, advantages, and disadvantages below to see if this generator is right for you.
Table of Contents
- Features and Functions
- What can a Champion 3500-Watt Generator run?
- Customer Ratings & Reviews
- Pros & Cons
- Frequently Asked Questions about Champion Power Equipment
- Verdict: Should You Buy The Champion 3500?
- We Hope You Found This Review Helpful!
- Champion 3500
Features and Functions
The dual-fuel Champion 3500-Watt Portable Generator with wireless remote start has many different features that make this RV ready portable generator convenient and practical.
Here is a quick overview of its most important features:
- Wireless remote start
- Low oil shut off sensor
- Built-in surge protector
- Easy electric start
- Multiple options for outlets: a 120V 30A RV outlet, 120V 30A locking outlet (L5-30R), and two 120V 20A household outlets (5-20R).
- 12 hours of run time (on a full tank of gasoline)
- Noise Level of 68 dba
- 0. 6-quart oil capacity (recommended 10W-30)
- 4375 starting watts and 3500 running watts
- Cold Start Technology: ensures a quick start in cold weather.
- 4.7-gallon tank
- Also included: oil funnel, wheel kit, battery, and remote key fob.
The purchase of Champion power equipment also includes 3-year limited warranty and free lifetime technical support. Both the warranty and technical support are backed by Champion and a nationwide network of service centers. Champion’s technical support experts can address any problems you have.
RV Ready Portable Generator
Having a lot of power is great. Having a lot of power while on the go is even better! When you need to bring power on the road for RVs, camping, or just an easy to move generator for your at-home needs, this is a great option.
With its wheel kit included, Champion has made transportation simple. It is designed with transport in mind. If you’re ready to hit the road, this is an excellent generator to have. The Champion 3500-watt RV ready portable generator will safely power your appliances and equipment at home or on the go.
Cut the Cord! Wireless Remote Start
For maximum convenience, this generator features a remote start! With wireless remote start, you can use your remote key fob to start the machine from up to 80 feet away. Your remote key fob is included with your purchase at no additional cost.
This feature works in combination with the machine’s cold start technology and electric start. You can get 3500 watts of power in any weather and all wirelessly for a quick and easy start! It’s never been so simple.
There’s no use having a lot of power if you can’t use it! This RV ready portable generator has you covered – and it covered the outlets too!
The Champion 3500-Watt Generator has 120V 30A locking, 120V 30A RV, and two 120V 20A outlets. These outlets are covered to be protected by the elements. This is essential if you want to rely on this machine for any outdoor use. Bonus: this Champion power equipment has Volt Guard built-in.
Volt Guard’s technology offers a built-in surge protector – prevents overloads and keeps your equipment safe. With Volt Guard, you can rest easy knowing your belongings are protected.
Easy to Set Up, Ready to Go!
The purchase of this generator will give you everything you need to get started. With so many essentials included, all you need to do is fill up the tank.
With electric start, battery included, oil funnel included, wireless remote, and a wheel kit for easy transport, it takes no time to get this Champion power equipment up and running. As this is not one of Champion’s dual-fuel designs, you can also start with the machine’s recoil. This is great if you ever find yourself with a dead battery and still need to start the generator.
What can a Champion 3500-Watt Generator run?
With this much power, your Champion can power just about anything you need. If you’re looking for a regular power source or one for use in emergencies, this is a reliable option.
- Taking it on the road? The RV ready portable generator has enough power to start a 15, 000 BTU RV air conditioner.
- Taking it to work? The 208cc Champion single-cylinder OHV engine is capable of supporting the power tools you use.
- Power outage at home? The 3500-watt is there for you. It can power all the essentials and more. Refrigerator, A/C, washing machine, lights, and more!
It’s hard to believe how much power this generator can bring to its users and still be so portable. Not only can it power what you need, but it will also power in all conditions. The Champion 3500-Watt’s covered outlets, and electric start with cold start technology means it’s always ready to go.
You want your generator to always work, especially in emergencies. Some machines simply can’t deliver. You can rely on this generator’s power when a blizzard strikes or when harsh weather keeps your regular power off. Generators can’t do much good when you can’t get them to start!
So really, the answer is “just about everything!”. The Champion 3500-Watt Generator can power your home, appliances, electronics, and worksite. If you’re looking for power in a portable package, you may have just found the right generator for you!
Customer Ratings & Reviews
With all these features and so much power, it’s easy to see why this Champion power equipment model has such great reviews. It boasts a 4.5-star rating on Amazon and just under 5 stars on Champion’s website. According to Champion’s survey of users, 100% of respondents would recommend this generator to a friend. High praise!
Here is what customers and reviewers are talking about:
- Simple setup. This generator is ready to go! Everything you need is included with your purchase – all you do is give it some gas. Reviews rave about easy initial setup and start. Many customers who gave the 3500-watt model 5 stars highlight its easy start features as a major convenience.
- Running power and hours. Many reviews highlight that this generator has great power. A great addition is the amount of time it runs. Champion says this model at 50% capacity, and a full tank will give a user 12 hours. One reviewer said he ran it at full capacity and was able to 9 full hours of power!
- Volt-Guard built-in surge protector. Convenience is key with this model. With the surge protector already built-in, many praised the convenience of not needing an additional surge protector for the generator.
- Support from Champion. This generator includes a 3-year limited warranty with free technical support from dedicated experts. Reviewers who said they had any problems with their Champion purchase said Champion’s support experts quickly and easily resolved it. If you have any doubts about this machine, the reviewers attest that the support provided will help with any issues you have.
Pros & Cons
With so many different designs, features, and limits, different generators will have some things you need and have some drawbacks. Make sure you know what you need and want from your next generator. Below are some pros and cons you should keep in mind before you buy this EPA certified champion power equipment.
- Intelligauge. Intelligauge monitors voltage, frequency, and operating hours. These are important to monitor for diagnostic purposes. This can make monitoring performance and troubleshooting even easier for you.
- Low oil shut-off sensor. Running your generator at a low oil level is bad for your machine and can be dangerous for your electronics, appliances, and home. This sensor not only monitors your oil level, but its automatic shut-off feature will keep you safe. This will also mean a longer life for your generator.
- Easy to start. This model by Champion has just about every feature to get this thing going! What is the point of the convenience of an RV ready portable generator if you’re stuck fighting it to start? With wireless remote start, cold start technology, and an electric start, the 3500-watt portable generator is quick and easy to start in all weather. If you live in colder climates or plan on taking this on the road, you will be thankful for these features!
- Price. For all the features this generator offers, it’s incredibly affordable. Scroll through Amazon, and you will see less powerful machines with fewer features for double the price of this Champion power equipment. This model allows you to pay less and get Champion’s reliable performance value.
- Weight. Powerful generators will never be pocket-sized. With great power often comes heavier generators. So before you buy, do keep in mind that this generator weighs 120 pounds. If you have mobility restrictions, you may need help with any lifting or initial installation. However, with its wheel kit and wireless remote start, this is still a great portable option.
Frequently Asked Questions about Champion Power Equipment
How loud is a Champion 3500-Watt Generator?
Generators as powerful as this 3500 watt RV ready portable generator are very rarely quiet. Thankfully, this Champion 3500-watt generator’s noise level comes in at 68 dba, which is about as loud as a vacuum cleaner. If this is outside, you will probably not hear this at all from inside. However, if you take this out camping, you will want not to have too close to where you are trying to sleep.
Are Champion generators good quality?
Will a 3500-watt generator run a washing machine?
This generator has power! With 4375 starting watts and 3500 running watts, enjoy powering your home appliances, including your washing machine! The Champion 3500-Watt generator will easily power your washing machine, refrigerator, a 15, 000 BTU RV air conditioner, and more! When you need it, the Champion single-cylinder OHV engine will power it.
Its capability to power your home makes this generator an excellent source of power during an outage.
How long will Champion’s 3500-Watt Generator run?
Champion generators are also known for being reliable for many years. With its excellent quality and lifetime of technical support, you can depend on your generator running for years.
Verdict: Should You Buy The Champion 3500?
With stellar reviews that give this Champion power equipment 5 stars, this dual-fuel generator has the capability to power your home and weekend getaways. It may be too much power for those looking for smaller, quieter companions for minimalistic camping trips. However, if you need a portable generator that’s easy to call upon in outages or when you want to get out of town, this will be your new best friend.
This dual-fuel generator is the reliable force you need when the power goes out. It is ready to power your home, RV, worksite, and more. You can have peace of mind with this generator and Champion’s reliable technical support.
You don’t need any more description. The Champion power equipment 3500-Watt Generator is the easy-to-use generator for anyone needing to boost their power at home or on the road! You’ll look back at the generator you were using months ago and feel like you made a strong upgrade.
We Hope You Found This Review Helpful!
Hopefully, you found this review helpful and feel confident about picking this generator or another. Check out our other generator reviews to compare the champion 35000 generator with other models we reviewed months ago!
Last update on 2021-09-10 Affiliate links & images from Amazon Product Advertising API